100 Word Challenge: The heart broken girl by Caitlin5B

Could the night go more wrong? Gloria asked herself doubtfully. The hour before, she was ready to go to the Homecoming Prom. But then Justin stood her up for Vanessa,Gloria’s arch arch enemy in the whole world. Justin had asked Gloria the week before and then she was so physched she couldn’t get to sleep. But then she received the call. The call that hurt her so. She stopped thinking about the hour before,and thought about the present hour. She started breathing speedily and before she knew it she was feeling sick. The temperature dropped suddenly and her boiler stopped. What was happening…

2 thoughts on “100 Word Challenge: The heart broken girl by Caitlin5B

1. she managed to survive a panel? of mutants, good girl.

——————————————————
    lightsmade.com

2. Hello Caitlin,

I like the idea of starting your story with a question for the reader. My first reaction was wondering what that might be or what disasters have happened to me in the past. You have drawn a reader into your plot. Well done!

Remember these were words thought by Gloria so quotation marks might have been used.

I can understand her frustration at being stood up by Justin. It’s cruel to build up someone’s expectations and then let them down without good reason. How much more tragic when the boiler heating the house stopped and the temperature suddenly dropped.

I hope you keep entering the 100WC.

@RossMannell (Team 100WC)
    Teacher (retired), N.S.W., Australia