Angry Birds art on the iPad

Over the next few weeks, Class 4B are using the game Angry Birds as a stimulus in class. This will hopefully harness the enthusiasm and enjoyment the children have for the game into some quality cross curricular work.

Today the children used to iPads to draw pictures of their favourite Angry Birds. They had time to quickly play the game to see the different characters and the way the game works for the select few who had not played the game before. Then they looked at pictures of the birds.

The children used the app ‘Brushes,’ to draw their pictures. This excellent app has so many different options and really is wonderful app to create some really detailed pictures. Previous versions allowed you to export a video of the picture being painted, therefore I was able to show the children the best process to draw the picture – here is an example. Unfortunately the newest version Brushes 3 allows you to replay your drawing but doesn’t allow you to export it. I did however manage to get some by using the Smart Recorder and AirServer on my laptop. I was really impressed by the efforts from the children and as this was the first time the children used the iPads to draw a picture using Angry Birds as the focus was great as the birds are fairly simple and straightforward to draw.

2013-01-08 14.09.58

2013-01-08 14.37.20

2013-01-08 14.14.16

2013-01-08 13.59.42

2013-01-08 13.51.56

Here is the video of some of the children drawing their pictures:

Angry Birds Art using iPads from Davyhulme Primary School on Vimeo.

Once the children had finished drawing all their birds they put them together onto one picture using the app Pic Collage.

This is a superb app to make all sorts of collages and one I have used with children from both KS1 and KS2. The children enjoyed adding text and formatting it while designing a background and clipping their photos. Here are their efforts:

This is just the start of the work we will be doing with Angry Birds as our focus, so please keep checking back to see more of the wonderful work we will be doing!!

5 thoughts on “Angry Birds art on the iPad

1. We love your Angry Bird pictures because they’re so colourful and creative. How long did they take you to make?
    We just might have to try using ‘Brushes’ as well.

2. Hello Class 4B

I love your angry birds that you drew using the app “Brushes” on the iPad. They look fantastic! It was great to see your collages of different birds put together.
    I am looking forward to reading more about your wonderful learning! Our classes will be part of the same quad for quadblogging so we can learn from each other and write some really great comments!
    My class are still on their summer holidays at the moment and will be back in class on the 30th of January.

Mrs Natusch
    Vardon School
    NZ 😉
    http://room7vardonschool.blogspot.co.nz/