The Arrival Part 2

You see, there is this one thing I never told my family. It was for the best really. I had a deep, dark secret. The kind of secret which would make you want to hide away from me. The secret was I have had encounters with foolish people when I was in the war. And when I went to war, we were messing around. Foolish me. Next thing I heard was the bang, bang of the trigger. My trigger. I had killed the soldier who had been bugging me for days. I mean, the first thing I shouldn’t have been doing was fooling around. But the next thing I shouldn’t have been doing was hanging around with them. I was much mature than this, but unfortunately on that occasion, I was an idiot. A traitor.

Everyday I think about it now. I want to go and see my daughter and the place I have been staying was Indiana Jail. I had been locked up for killing him. I didn’t mean to, but I cant say that until my court hearing next week. Hopefully when I plead guilty, (which is kind of the honest truth) they will let me have a reduced sentence maybe. Or they might let me out with a good behaviour bond. I was stupid and I admit that. But I think I deserve a second chance. I do, I think. Its hard being stuck here, being counted as a criminal. The other day, I nearly had the nerve to call her. My wife, that is. But then I thought twice. She has probably heard about it on the news, I mean she is all over her media. I want my daughter to turn out like her, superstitious in a way. Always trying to never give up. This is something I would have always wanted my daughter to be. The best daughter. I want to encourage myself, I really do. But when I am stuck in the cells there is not much point. When I said it was all over the media, it isn’t really. Well it is, but I made up the name Sid Solliway, to go in there that is. I didn’t let them take my snapshots and I may be in real trouble…