Climate change is a major environmental issue facing our planet today. It is having a detrimental effect on the world. The climate we have today is not what it used to be, because our climate is being altered by the destructive effect of global warming. In some countries temperatures rise but in others they fall. This means that our summers will get a lot hotter and our winters colder. It sounds quite good that our summers will be warm, but it is actually too hot to even describe it!
What could you do to help prevent climate change? To help prevent climate change you could …
- Walk, ride your bike or use public transport to save fuel.
- Reduce food miles by buying local produce (this will also boost the local economy). Or even grow your own fruit and vegetables.
- Use solar panels on your roof to renew the sun’s energy. Double glaze your windows.
- Turn electrical devices and lights off when they are not in use.
- Collect water from roof in a water butt and use it for flushing toilets, washing clothes and watering the garden.
- Estimate the amount of water needed when brewing a tea or coffee and put lids on pans to keep the heat in and thus saving energy.
- Use insulation between walls and floors to keep your house warm without having to pay lots of heating bills, also have thick walls to trap the heat inside rooms especially in winter.
If you can do these things please do, because it will help us all to save our planet. Do your bit to help!